One of the best places to eat in the city is the Farmer’s Restaurant, located at the corner of Third and Main Streets. While this business is one of the latest additions in this line in Ottawa it has become very popular among all classes owing to the excellency of cooking, quick service and accommodation afforded all. The place is neat and clean and presents a restful appearance. All dishes which the market affords can be had here. Mr. A. H. Davis, the proprietor, was born in Illinois in 1861. The success of this establishment is attributed to his thorough knowledge of this business and his pleasing personality which has won permanent customers among the business and professional men as well as the farmers and transients He is a member of the M. W. A., Sons of Veterans, Grangers and the Baptist church.
Source: Ottawa Kansas Souvenir c. 1909-10
Name of Business: Farmer's Restaurant
Pre-1887 Address: Main & third
Persons: Davis, A. H.