Born in Vermont around 1828, Dimick was living in Potsdam, New York in 1860. He brought his family to the new town of Ottawa, Kansas shortly after its birth in 1864. He designed the first building of Ottawa University, now called Tauy Jones Hall. He also drew the Central School building and was a deacon of the Baptist Church.
From the December 28, 1865 Western Home Journal, Ottawa KS
“We have seen a beautiful perspective view of the first building of Ottawa University, erecting here. The basement of limestone is completed and the upper stories are to be of cut sandstone with limestone caps and sills. The view, drawn by Mr. Dimick, architect, is to be lithographed as the centre piece on the face of the County Bonds, about to be issued for the erection of a Jail. Mr. Dimick is a thoroughly competent, and honest architect, and any person living within reach of this town and desiring to build, will do favor to themselves and neighbors by obtaining from him plans and specifications, which will insure a good looking building, without danger of blunders by the mechanics. No prudent man will think of building without a plan.”